Sunday, September 7, 2014

ACKER STRONG!


HELLO! Hope everyone is doing well, Happy Australian Fathers Day to all the Dad's out there!
Monday Sep 1- Got the haircut of mah LIFE. We went to this legit barber for P Day to get haircuts and he cut my hair just like in the movies. With just a comb and clippers, he was going crazy on my hair, super fast and it was one of the best haircuts I've ever had. He was from Scotland. Now I can tell the difference between a hairdresser and a barber! Even though I still miss Grandma Jeans haircuts :(
Tuesday Sep 2- We had a lesson with two investigators we have named George and David. Man they were powerful lessons! I was surprised to hear Elder Tau say "That was the best lessons I've had on my missioin" and he's been out 18 months! Crazy. The spirit was there.
Wednsday Sep 3- We did some weeding for a widow in our ward, and then she made us a chicken! I love weeding, something I have done alot on my mission.
Thursday Sep 4- Had a trade off with Elder Briscoe and I was training him. I feel old now :/ He's a great guy from Idaho. He's a plumber but he is really struggling with forgetting about his girlfirend so most of the day we just talked cuz he needed to talk! Talking fixes everything!
Saturday Sep 5- Had trade off with Elder Martinau. The ginger from Utah. He's probably my best freidn in the district at the moment. We boxed each other alot that day cuz they had boxing gloves and now I'm so sore haha but we basically went finding that whole day in his area which was fun. Got KFC for lunch and Fish and Chips for dinner. Everyone should watch Prophet of The Restoration too. An amazing movie!
Sunday Sep 6- We got Andrew and David both to church today! 2 investigators! David thought our church would be weird but after he went home, he texted us and said "SO COOL" :) He's progressing.
Scripture to ponder this week, Mosiah 9:3.
 And yet, being over-zealous to inherit the land of our fathers, collected as many as were desirous to goup to possess the land, and started again on our journey into the wilderness to go up to the land; but wewere smitten with famine and sore afflictions; for we were slow to remember the Lord our God.

Remember God in ALL THINGS! I promise if you look to our Heavenly Father in every decsion you make, you will be guided, and you will be able to reach your full potential as a divine child of God!

Love you ALL']

Elder Acker

No comments:

Post a Comment