Monday, May 18, 2015

Working hard!


Hey everyone! Sorry for the long time without an email! I only have about 20 minutes so I'll try to type fast, a lot of stuff going on! For those who don't know I'm back in Adelaide in an area called Evandale which is right in the heart of the mission, the mission office is in our area. I'm with my companion Elder Hayes who is from Melbourne who is just new to the mission, I am his trainer. We've been busy, busy, busy, and that's just the way I like it so I'll try to let y'all know what happened this week!

Thursday May 7, 2015- We started off the day going to a community garden, apparently in this area we go every Thursday to do service there but man do I love it! I've grown to love gardening on my mission especially weeding haha but it was cool we got to bring pumpkin, lettuce, and chili's home too which was awesome! We then went to the mission office to get me a big coat because boy is it freezing here, its in autumn and it is beautiful but yes very cold. We had dinner tonight with a family named the Penningtons. They have 3 little girls and Bro Pennington is 6'8". He is a giant! He played basketball with us this week which was a lot of fun too. We had rozitto at their house.

Friday May 8, 2015- Met a member named Bro Hidju today who is a pro painter for little figurine game pieces, it was so cool! He has like a whole stash of little board game pieces that he painted himself and you wouldn't believe the detail he does in just those little things, so cool. As we walked out of Bro Hidju's a family pulled up on us in their car, I didn't know who they were at first but then they said "do you remember us Elder Acker?" I then realized that I met them ages ago at the temple and their daughter was leaving for the Philippines for a mission that Monday, it was good to reunite with them, I hope I can do that with some people that I met before. We then went door knocking later that night, first group was some pretty rude people including a Jewish lady that yelled at us but we found a miracle door where a father came to the door with a newborn baby, we got to have a good discussion with him and we'll be coming back to teach him, perfect opporuntity! 

Saturday May 9, 2015- We had dinner with the Smiths tonight, a missionary couple here from Colorado! I'm the first Colorado missionary they have met here while on their mission so it was really good to have dinner with them and chat. We then went to a Dave and Halla's house. Dave is a member of the church and his girlfriend Halla are getting married on May 30 and she will be baptized on the same day, so excited! We go over there quite often becayuse their just so great and the have the best 1 year old kid named Nathan. 

Sunday May 10, 2015- Had my first Sunday in my new ward, and ya it was good besides the fact that a lot of the members just ignored the missionaries... anyway, it was a good Sabbath Day, still got to get to know the members. We then had dinner with a family there named the Scotts. They are awesome, they have a real nice home and we also got to watch the Joseph Smith video with them while the grandma was there who is not a member. She's investigating the church. 

Monday May 11, 2015- Had a great Mothers day today because I got to Skype my family! They're the greatest, I love them so much. We then got to help a friend of the other Elders move out which is always a great thing to do. Little bit of a stress reliever. We again went door knocking today, pretty much everyone was rude which is just stink! But we did meet a nice man on the very last door name Robert, he invited us to come back over which is awesome! Sometimes you just gotta keep going until you find that last person! We also tonight found a new investigatior named Kaleb tonight, college student who is a chirstian. He let us inside his home and we had a real good discussion about God and he invited us back over next week! Miracles are happening! 

Tuesday May 12, 2015- We got a referral today from lds.lorg so we contacted the guy and he just wanted a Book of Mormon for history purposes, not too interesting in learning from us but hopefully as he reads the Book of Moromon, he'll give us a call back! We then had diunner at a family named the Hansfords. Real nice family, they fed us Indian curry and the daughter made delicious chocolate cookies! 

Thursday May 15, 2015- Got to go to the temple today for the first time in 6 months, great as always, such peace and comfort lies within the temple, awesome experience.

Friday May 16, 2015- I was on trade off with Elder Costales today from Phillipines, he's really fun to be around, we had a great time serving in his area. 

Love you all! 

Elder Acker

No comments:

Post a Comment