Sunday, May 11, 2014

Stake Conference Week and another Acker family connection!


G'Day!! How's everyone doing!? I love to be able to do this every week to let you all know how things are going and I absolutely love hearing from all of you and I'm glad everyone is doing well! I got to skype my family yesterday and I asked how everyone is doing and I'm just so glad everyone is doing good. It's been yet anohter week and I now have been 6 weeks out on my mission. One thing that I noticed is that my memory is quite horrible so I'm glad I writer in my journal every day so I can remember everything to tell you guys! Oh and i'm excited to hear that Kai Hicken has started his papers! He's going tok do so awesome! So let me go through the week once again! Monday we started off the morning playing sports which is always fun, we play basketball, footie, rugby, and volleyball. Anyways, before I came on my mission I cut my leg on nanny's fence when I was jumping over it and pulled a woodchip out of my leg and that day I was sitting there for a sec during morning sport and I was looking at the scar and while I was looking at it I pulled out yet another small woodchip! I'm good tho haha We had P Day that day and we do shopping every week and i see so many foods that I want to try but we are on a budget so I can't really and Elder Villieime doesn't like it when I eat sweets haha. We had dinner with the Riddle fam,ily that night and they remind me so much of the Wilsons! They have all boys and they acted just like them. Its funny cuz i Keep meeeting people who remind me of people at home. Like Brother Whitrod reminds me of Grandpa Mark. haha The next day we met with a guy named Ben who is a recnt convert and is preparing to be sealed in the temple with his samoian fiance. he plays rugby and he has all kinds of tatoos but he was just a gentle giant. so nice. We also taught out top investigator right now named Seth Parker. he is 17 and really interested in knowing God. The lesson went well and he wants to keep meeting with us! we have a date prepared for him on June 12th. We read a talk that night that really inspired me. It talked about how God never said we can't have experiences like Joseph Smith. We just have to work for it and we can have the testimonies of apostles! So Cool! So be faithful everyone! The next day we talked to man named Andrew Shaw who is old and believes in Maitreya. It's really confusing so if your interested look it up. I've never heard it beofre but the gospel could give him so many answrs! I love it whenever I meet someone and I know exactly what they need, its just that we need to find a way top present that in the best way. I attended my first zone training on wednsday and it went really well. We leanred alot and I bore my testimony. I promis each and every one of you that if you testify to soemeone of the gospel of Jesus Christ you will be filled with the words of the spirit and you will not only be teachuing others but you will also be teaching yourself! I have experinced that so many times so testify as much as you can! Spread the gospel! that night we had dinner at Abby's, Uncle Tom's friend! We talked about the BBQ we had in Colorado five years ago and she says she doesnt remmeber me and I said probably cuz I grew a little ;) trhe next day was probably the least effective day I've had on my mi9ssion. It was rainy cold and gloomy and no one was out and everyone was too busy to talk. I know that wer'e going to have days like that sometimes but I always kniow that something good is coming aroubnd the corner. The next day we had saturdat stake conference and I met a cionselror in the stake presidnecy named elder wilmont. I came up to him and he said "Hey! I had a trainer named Elder Acker when I served in Perth! He was a big guy, played gridrion and he always flexed his pecs individually." That had to be Uncle Tom! I keep making all these connections its crazy! Anyways Conference went really well and the spirit was very strong. One thing I learned is that when we receive revalation, we must act on it! We reaceive revaltion from Hevanly fathetr to help us fine tune ourselves so always act! I hope every nmother out there had a wonderful day and I love you heaps!! have a great week!
Elder Acker


No comments:

Post a Comment