Monday, January 12, 2015

Katherine is picking up!

G'day everyone! How blessed I am to be able to email you all every week. I think about and pray about all of you each and every day. Everyone who is reading these emails has a special place in my heart and I want you all to know that. Being on this mission makes me appreciate the family and friends I have at home. 

I unfortunately forgot my journal this week, so I'm just going to be going off my memory haha

We had a great week in Katherine and we had 14 people at church including an investigator and a less active who hasn't been to church in about 2 years! We had two other missionaries with us from Darwin in Katherine this week. Elder Godffrey from Utah and Elder Miller from England. It was alot of fun! We're in Darwin at the moment and we plan to go back to Katherine tomorrow! 

There's not much more to tell from this week cuz I forgot my journal but I just wanted you all to know that I love you and I love this Gospel, I think alot of the times we feel like we don't necessarily need it in or lives but I can assure you that we do. We may become comfortable with the gospel in our lives and soon come to realize that we don't feel any power from it anymore, and the best thing to do is to rekindle that fire when your in that situation. I've come to realize in my own life that as soon as I became a little be casual or selective in living the gospel, I soon come to realize that there is security in living the gospel. Yes, we are different from anyone else in the world but I sure do know that this is the safest place we can be. It may be hard sometimes to hold onto that iron rod because of the temptations around us but as soon as we let go we become vulnerable. I need this gospel in my life to go on. Without it I would be lost.

I love you all

Elder Acker

No comments:

Post a Comment