Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Transfer 7, Week 3 with the crocodiles

Hi everyone! Its been a very eventful week this week and I actually brought my journal this time! Sorry that my latest posts have been pretty bland haha

Monday Jan 12, 2015- We were in Darwin and we went to Jumping Crocs on Adelaide River! I'll attach a pic in this email which will explain well what it is but it was so cool! There was one croc that was humongous and when it chopped it made my chest vibrate! So crazy, they are really amazing creatures. Great experience! 

Friday Jan 17, 2015- We have an investigator named Delilah who has been taught for awhile now. She's in her 20's and she is taking care of her little baby sister at the moment. Her mom past away about 3 months ago and her uncle recently past this past weekend. She 'hadn't been to church for about 6 weeks but she decided to show up this past Sunday. She says that she feels like she needs the gospel back again, and she committed to be baptized next Saturday! When she told us that she was ready and committed my heart just dropped. I am so excited for this step she is going to take :) 

Sunday Jan 19, 2014- This Sabbath Day was very unusual....no one came to church, absolutely no one. Elder Aguilar came prepared with epic talks and no one showed! Everyone was either out of town, sick, or just didn't come. Delilah was on the scene at a car accident because she is a nurse. Anyways, ya no one showed but it will be better next week! We went over to Delilah's that night to talk to her and she expressed to us that she is scared for her baptism, a little shock went through my body, I didn't want her to flake so we just talked to her and she said she is scared she'll hit her head in the baptism. I told her that I have never baptized anyone before and she was kind of scared about that but then we demonstrated it and now she has no worries! She's ready to go!

Monday, Jan 20,2014- P Day is always a blast in Katherine, we got Target, a dollar store, and a toy store, so we did some pretty good shopping haha, nah we spent a lot of the time at the flat playing table football that my parents sent me for Christmas and it would get pretty intense! We then went to the Lucchese's that night for dinner and it was great! I love being with them, their so fun to be around, they feel like family. I'm so grateful for Katherine, I've grown to love these people. I don't want to leave! 

That was my week this week! Hope everyone is doing well! Catch ya next week!

Love,
Elder Acker


No comments:

Post a Comment